It is the capital of the Italian island of Sardinia. There are so many things that you can try while in the city. Here’s your checklist to make sure that you capture every attraction present in the city and enjoy your time over at Cagliari!
Things to do when in Cagliari
- Bastione San Remy hosts the most historic attractions of the city. Originally used as a defensive structure it now presents an amazing platform to view Cagliari from a view like none before.
- Elephant tower is one of the most celebrated an applauded historic buildings in town. Make sure you soak in its picturesque beauty.
- Il Castello must be another place on your must-visit checklist. Provides you with an authentic local experience.
- Cagliari Cathedral is another go-to place that has a monumental building and a gorgeous front façade with an incomparable interior décor. Built somewhere in the 13th century, the structure has been maintained to its prime condition and restored at its best.
- Museo Archeologico Nazionale provides educational insight into Cagliari and all that you might have wanted to know about the place. A staggering collection of Punic, Roman, and Greek artifacts can be found here. One can also find a large collection of relics too.
- The Roman Amphitheatre is a major attraction that people like to visit at the earliest as possible. It is the best-preserved amphitheater of the Roman culture, worth a visit given its historic significance.
- Cittadella dei Musei offers Anatomical wax collection, Oriental Art Museum among other places. One can spend the entire day here making the most of various sightseeing offered. This place also known as the museum quarter is located in the Via Ubaldo region of the city.
Cagliari has so much to offer for the explorer.